Sunday, November 3, 2013

Headed Down South




"Hidden by the World and daylight, born again and again through centuries of terror, to live lives of the necromancers.... we shall never die. Our galloping blasphemy lead us now..."
                                                           ..........................................

I adhere to no particular theological beliefs, but I LOVE Black Metal; the intensity, the emotion... it's very... primal. I do my best to steer clear of blatant admiration of any deity, instead choosing to focus on the more roundabout titles and subjects of songs, but dammit, it's just FUN to listen to stuff like this.

In late 2012 I had my first taste of Satan's Wrath, with their Galloping Blasphemy album and had a great time throwing it into my radio playlists and terrorizing the airwaves. Now once again I have the privilege to introduce the next eardrum- savaging, bloodthirsty violation of holiness: Aeon's Of Satan's Reign.

Again, I hold no loyalties, but it's impossible to dismiss the passion. You know when you build a fire, and you let it die down... the flames, instead of roaring as high as they can, steadily stream between the logs, eating away, fed by the intense heat of the red- hot embers at the center of the fire, the heat that remains until the last bit of fuel is consumed? There you go: Satan's Wrath. Just like that. Listen to Ecstacies Of Sorcery and tell me I'm wrong.

Satan's Wrath - Aeons Of Satan's Reign available November 12, 2013 from Metal Blade Records






Oh, exciting times indeed, when we're treated to a new Demonical album! I keep 2011's Death Infernal on my mp3 player for walking and working music because it sets the necessary pace, a heartbeat for the moment, let's say... it's easy to get lost in the miles or the task at hand when 'March For Victory' or 'Through Hellfire' is playing and now we can look forward to even more accomplishments with Darkness Unbound as the soundtrack to our successes.

Much like the early days of their fellow Swedes Entombed, this is a band that sets its hooks with the very first riff, and from 'Darkness Unbound' to 'The Great Praise', you're bodily dragged from song to song; you have no will. For about 40 minutes, they OWN your ass. Brutal, vicious Death Metal.. Just the way we like it...

Demonical - Darkness Unbound available November 12, 2013 from Metal Blade Records
https://www.facebook.com/Demonicalofficial?fref=ts





No comments:

Post a Comment